Wednesday 28 April 2010

Serendipity

I am in work heaven. Well, life scenario heaven. I recently got on to a prestigious postgraduate Journalism course and my only worry since has been how to fund it, as it's quite pricey and starts in September. In a generous moment of good karma, a very new friend (who I met through my new am-dram hobby - coincidentally, a new year's resolution for both of us) offered to pass on my CV, and I managed to get a great little temp job in London. It's perfect because as it's switchboard work, I get little lulls between bouts of busy calls to sort out my life (or at least my BlackBerry). I also plan to browse the news online and google something new every day. So by the end of the summer I should be financially secure, a little bit more knowledgable and will also have met lovely new people and added a dimension to my social life. I couldn't be happier to be commuting and working again, being out of work for a few months really makes you appreciate the benefits of routine.

Anyway, just a little update on my journo ventures - I haven't given up on my perilous editorial quest! Just ploughing on, writing when I can and trying to keep enough cash for a cute pair of shoes every now and again. But with this new job and a slight educational detour in sight, Miss Write is back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment